Saturday, July 02, 2005

A Question

Someone asked me today, "Do you really believe all the things you write about in your blog?" I had to stop and give it some thought.

So, I thought back, to a 7th grade classroom and the intercom crackling to life with the news that the President had just been shot. The ultimate disrespect for the office of President.

Then I thought back 5 years later and the bullets of the false revenge struck again. Twice.

And I think about all the rights that we were supposed to be guaranteed to us by the constitution, the rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And how they are being continually and methodically stripped away.

A court case decided that a woman has the right to kill her baby. It was called Roe vs. Wade.

I remember how my belief in the integrity of the senate was drowned in the murky waters of Chappaquidick.

And the images of soldiers returning from Viet Nam being spat upon and called "baby killers" by the people with whom I had once identified. And the way they were reviled by the very government that should have thanked them for their service.

Murderers and child molesters being freed by technicalities and "race cards". And innocent people being persecuted for their faith in a God whom the founders of our country based our system of government on.

I can think of cases where children are being suspended and expelled from public schools for writing essays on Jesus, the Bible, or their personal belief in God. And being sent home for wearing T shirts that proclaim "Jesus loves you" while other students are allowed to wear T shirts with the images of Marilyn Manson,Godsmack, and other "death metal, Satanic Bands, and pentagrams.

I remember Dr. Jack Kevorkian and his commitment to legalize murder of the elderly and infirmed.

I think of how the Supreme Court keeps ordering the removal of the ten commandments, the very rule of law our system of justice is based on.

Hate speech by politicians, news media organizations, and radical associations.

Then I remember the pain and anger I felt when terrorists flew jet airliners into the world trade center towers and pentagon. And then there were people who blamed the attacks on our own government and those who support it.

Muslim extremists terrorists sawing off the heads of innocent civilians, some of who were in their country to help them.

Then there was the starving to death of a young comatose woman in Florida, not just a mercy killing, but a long agonizing death, and the numbers of people that think it is ok to do that to someone.

And now, My President is being called a liar and a loser and a murderer by politicians and news media who want to undermine him and his efforts to create a better world for our children

And on, and on, and on, and on.

So, Whenever someone asks me, "Do you really believe the things you write about in your blog?" I smile, and wink, and say, "Hell no, but the money's good."

For what else could I say to such a question?

12 comments:

rich bachelor said...

So it's not time to lighten up, after all?

Mark said...

lol, That was for that one day.

Erudite Redneck said...

Freedom's messy, ain't it? Reread yer list. Every one of 'em, I think, coulda been took care of with a little crackdown, a bat upside somebody's head, or by locking somebody up.

OK, maybe not Chappaquidick.

Beth said...

*clap* *clap* *clap*

Well said, my friend!

Tom the Redhunter said...

I love your response! I haven't gotten that question yet, but suppose I will some day. At any rate, you just can't give such a stupid question a straight response.

Rosemary Welch said...

Dear Mark,
Very clever and witty. If you might have said something else, of course there would have been an argument to follow.

Who wants to waste time explaining the obviouse? lol. Very well done.

PS. Thank you for stopping over. I like Zell, too. Only, do think he is young enough? Mostly, people have a tendency to nominate people in the 40's or 50's.

While we can never tell, we hope they will stay around for quite a while. Many people were asking, "What about Zell?" lol. Have a great day.

Babette said...

After reading your comment at SC&A's I had to come by--great blog here! I'll read on down...

Francis Lynn said...

Someone once said to the effect that, "if this is what the world is like with religion, think how worse it would be without it." In the same way, think how worse things would be without conservatives.

tugboatcapn said...

Mark, one of the reasons I hadn't commented on this yet is because I could think of nothing to add to it.
This post isn't just one of the best things you've ever written, it may be one of the best opinion pieces I've ever READ by anyone.You have concisely stated most of the reasons that I started writing a blog in the first place.
It is precisely because of posts like this one that you are and will continue to be my hero.
Good job.

Daffy76 said...

Mark, Well said. I'm so glad that someone is reminding us of all these things.

Mary said...

Hi, Mark!

I think your post beautifully sums up what it's like to view the world from a conservative perspective.

You have a great blog. I'll be sure to visit often!

Anonymous said...

I was in 6th grade when President Kennedy was shot, and all of those events that followed, horrible as they were, never had such an impact on me as that did.

The Supreme Court began "legislating" God out of schools in 1962, and with the help of organizations like the ACLU, has systematically been removing God from our workplace and public square ever since. I believe it is no coincidence that all these events started happening in 1963, just a year after we gave prayer up for the "higher ideal" of separating church and state. And events like this will continue to happen until we either acknowledge God or our enemies overtake us. It's up to us.

Great post.