Sunday, July 31, 2005

Celiberals Part 2

More from our beloved Stars. (and I use that term loosely) I want to focus this post on other idiocies besides what they say about George Bush, like the war, conservatives in general, and how Americans are the terrorists, not the terrorists, and how we compare to Nazi Germany and Hitler, but the first Quote today is this one I missed yesterday about Bush, which may be the stupidest of them all, but, of course, that is a toss-up. Here it is:

"Yes, he's [Bush] racist. We all knew that but the world is only finding it out now. As Texas's governor, Bush led a penitentiary system that executed more people than all the other U.S. states together. And most of the people who died from [the] death penalty were Afro-Americans or Hispanics. [Bush] promoted a conservative program, designed to eliminate everything Americans had accomplished so far in matters of race and equality." --Danny Glover

And I suppose the fact that the majority of the criminals, at least the ones that have been caught, are Black and Hispanics is just a coincidence, right? I haven''t researched this, I admit, but I'll bet the percentage of Blacks and Hispanics in the Texas state prisons are the same ratio as that of the ones executed.

"Why did Bush knock down the towers?" --Jadakiss

Jadakiss? Another one I've never heard of. But I guess I know as much about Jadakiss as he does about who attacked the WTC.

Now, let's explore the comparison between America and Nazi Germany:

"I'm saying that the moral climate within the ruling class in this country is not that different from the moral climate within the ruling class of Hitler's Germany...
I'm not comparing Bush to Adolf Hitler... because George Bush, for one thing, is not as smart as Adolf Hitler. And secondly George Bush has much more power than Adolf Hitler ever had...
I'm saying that we (Americans) have sunk pretty low and I'm saying that you can look at the moral climate in Germany in 1933.... We have to ask ourselves if we found ourselves in Nazi Germany, what would we do? Now I say, let the inspection process take its course."
--David Clennon

Some one else I never heard of. Moral climate? I am just your humble friend and uneducated blogger, but I have no idea what that means. If I found myself in Nazi Germany, I'd invest in BMW.

"There must be people who remember World War II and the Holocaust who can help us get out of this rut." --Martin Scorsese

Actually, I don't know if this really compares America to Nazi Germany, but it seems to.

"I think 9/11 gave this generation an identity, and its identity is potentially fascist. My skin crawls when I think of the first week after 9/11. I was looking out of the window and there were people marching down the street carrying flags. It reminded me of spontaneous, angry Nazis and I thought, 'Oh, man, we are in a lot of trouble'. There's a whole bunch of people who have flags hanging from their cars and who are mistaking fascism for patriotism --Rickie Lee Jones

I fail to see what flying flags in support of our country has to do with Fascism or Nazism. Unless they were Nazi flags. They weren't, were they? This makes me wonder how Ms Jones would support her country, whatever it is.

"The real terrorist threats are George W. Bush and his band of brown-shirted thugs." --Sandra Bernhard

This counts even though I used it yesterday as a Bush bash...Brownshirts were Nazi's, Right?

"There's a long history of people who capitalize on the lowest common denominator of people's impulses. Adolf Hitler being one of them. Not everybody wants to hit the wall in a violent rage and break their knuckles, so he does it for them...." --Sean Penn

This guy's arrogance and ignorance is mind boggling.

What about the war?

"The only thing I know is all wars are wrong. There is no such thing as 'holy war' because this is a contradiction. I believe that if we declare war against anything, it should be war against poverty and ignorance. This whole planet, everyone, should have free electricity, water and education." --Carlos Santana

Actually, I think I agree with this one for the most part. This would indeed be a wonderful world.

"Have we gone to war yet? We (expletive) deserve to get bombed. Bring it on...
Let's get rid of all the economic (expletive) this country represents! Bring it on, I hope the Muslims win!"
--Chrissie Hynde

Now, That's just treasonous. She should be horsewhipped.

"I fear that our true motivation is about oil and our own flailing economy; about the failure to destroy Al Qaeda and about revenge...
It is criminal to put our servicemen and women in harm's way and to put the lives of so many civilians on the line for the misguided frustrations of the Bush administration."
--Dave Matthews

If we liberated Iraq for their oil, how come the gas prices are still so high? I don't think the celiberals think things out.

"While we support our troops, there is nothing more frightening than the notion of going to war with Iraq and the prospect of all the innocent lives that will be lost." --Natalie Maines/Dixie Chicks

"I think people were misled and I think people are fighting a war that they didn't know they were going to be fighting," Maines said on NBC's Today Show. "And I think they were misled by people who should have been asking questions and weren't."

Oh really. What about all the innocent lives that are lost when terrorists attack our people? And those brave soldiers knew exactly what they were volunteering for.

"I believe - though I may wrong because I am no expert - that this war is about what most wars are about: hegemony, money, power and oil...
If there is no direct threat why are we invading?"
--Dustin Hoffman

It's about defeating terrorism! How many attacks must we endure before you get that through your thick head?

"I think that the idea of Iraq being a nuclear threat is poppycock, and if they are a nuclear threat then they'd have to borrow atomic bombs from Israel" -- Ed Asner

I will concede that they may not be a nuclear threat, but it's hell what they can do with airplanes.

"I believe he thinks this [war against Iraq] is a war that can be won, but there is no such thing anymore...
...We can't beat anyone anymore...
...It's ridiculous - Lewinsky performs a sex act on the president, therefore we attack Iraq."
--George Clooney

Did I miss something? Monica Lewinsky caused the war? Silly me, and all this time I thought it was terrorists.

That's enough, I am tired. Read the rest of the quotes here. and, for an even better analysis than mine, click this link here. My friend Francis Lynn sent it to me in an e-mail.


And, while I'm on the subject of e-mails from friends, my long time friend, Ursa, sent me an e-mail telling me she has created a blog of her own which I have placed in my links section under Ursa's Paws and Claws.

Have a nice day.

6 comments:

Mark said...

Sandra Berhard is so full of hate, it shows in her face. Really. She has that expression of derision permanently etched on her face. go to www.celiberal.com and look at her picture.

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

"There's a long history of people who capitalize on the lowest common denominator of people's impulses. Adolf Hitler being one of them. Not everybody wants to hit the wall in a violent rage and break their knuckles, so he does it for them...." --Sean Penn

Didn't Sean Penn earn a rep back in the 80's for his hot temper of punching out photographers?


"Yes, he's [Bush] racist. We all knew that but the world is only finding it out now. --Danny Glover

I guess this is why George Bush has an administration whose Cabinet is the most ethnically diverse I believe we have ever had- certainly far more than Bill Clinton, the first "black president", ever had: Chinese, Japanese, Hispanic, Jewish, 2 consecutive black Secretary of State (and one female, to boot). The Democrats talk a big game, but the Republicans have already taken the ball and run with it.

tugboatcapn said...

The fact that anyone thinks that anyone should actually care what Dave Matthews, or Sandra Blowhard, or Sean Spicolli, or Natalie Maines thinks about world politics (aside from the fact that their ignorant ramblings are sometimes funny - always ridiculous) boggles the mind.
As far as the Democrats talking a big game, thats all they were ever good for. They talk ad nauseum about the problems of the world, then when anyone tries to DO something about any of these problems, they are there to second guess and disparage, and insist that we haven't "TALKED" about it enough. "We shouldnt rush into things, we need to TALK about it some more."
Well, we talked about the war with Iraq long enough for Saddam Hussein to destroy or hide his WMD, and the UN talked about Iraq for ten years. The UN and the Democrats would have talked about it until mushroom clouds went up over Isreal, and then they would have talked about how bad the mushroom clouds were. But then ALL war is evil, right?

Mark said...

Here's a celibrity i like. Emo Phillips:
Emo Phillips was pulled over in Massachusetts for reckless driving. When brought before the judge, Emo was asked if he knew what the punishment for drunk driving in that state was. His reply: "I don't know, re-election to the Senate?"

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Those people are just...leftarded.

tugboatcapn said...

Yeah, I love Emo as well. He is one of my favorite philosophers.