Saturday, July 09, 2005

Heard On The Radio Yesterday

Usually, I don't listen to much Rush Limbaugh. When the Laura Ingraham program is over, I switch stations because between O'Reilly and Rush, I prefer Rush. But once I hear what his topic is, I usually stick in a cd and listen to music. Not that I don't like Rush. I just get tired of his self-aggrandizing, although he is usually right. But I digress.

Yesterday, He read a comment from a female blogger that was, as usual, talking about him. He seems to only pay attention to what others say if it concerns him. At any rate, the gist of the comment he read was this: She complained that he was selling t-shirts and caps and other clothing under the brand name, "Club Gitmo" these items had slogans printed on them such as, "I got my free Q'uran and prayer rug at Club Gitmo", an obvious reference to what Rush considers a vacation paradise in comparison with how Senator Duck Durbin describes the conditions at Gitmo. You know the story.

At the end of her essay, she posed the question to Rush, "What do you do with the money from the sales of these items, Rush?"

Then, he answered her on air: "Part of the money pays for the merchandise, part of it pays the shipping costs to the customer, some of it goes to pay various expenses, and the rest is profit, and that, I keep."

I am sure other motorists that may have observed me at that moment had to be asking themselves, "What is so darn funny to that guy in the Dodge?"

5 comments:

rich bachelor said...

Kudos, buddy.

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

That IS funny.

Mark said...

I suspect this is funny to liberals and conservatives for different reasons

tugboatcapn said...

I occaisionally listen to Jerry Springer's radio talk show, and I have never heard him say anything the least bit funny. At least when Rush goes off I don't have to fight off the urge to kill myself for two hours...

Anonymous said...

I heard that same segment of his show.

What crossed my mind was the recent "street party" to celebrate LA's new mayor, Antonio Villaraigosa. There were all kinds of free food, bands, etc.

I wondered if they couldn't find someone more in need of the party money. After all, this was the same crowd that criticized our President and his supporters for holding celebrations of his inaugural . They all thought he should have donated it all to tsunami relief and skipped the celebration.

Just because there wasn't a major disaster somewhere in the world at the precise time the mayor took office, doesn't mean there wasn't someone needy out there--SOMEWHERE.

The double standard just aggravates me to no end!!!