Thursday, July 14, 2005

Karl Rove (Again)

Once again, the Left wing Liberal dogs are in full attack mode. Or rather, still.
This time they are accusing Karl Rove of committing a crime, under the 1982 Intelligence Identities Protection Act. There are some fundamental flaws in this story though that, of course, the Liberals and the Left leaning members of the media are somehow failing to mention, although they are no doubt aware of them. I refer you to this article in the Wall Street Journal: Karl Rove, Whistleblower

Upon reading this article, and this one,the phrase, "making a mountain out of a mole hill" comes to mind

I am of the opinion that this is nothing more than a blatant attempt to discredit the Bush Administration by discrediting those in it. I am sick of it. All of it.

Update: I called the Missouri Dept of Social Services child abuse and neglect hotline this morning and reported the abuse of my son by his mom's boyfriend, and they said my report doesn't qualify for investigation. Since when? Last I heard, if a mother spanked her own child in a grocery store the mom would be brought up on charges, but when a control freak throws someone else's kid down, tries to push him down a flight of concrete stairs and threatens him with violence, it doesn't qualify? Methinks something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

11 comments:

Toad734 said...

Sort of like someone lying about cheating on their wife. Of course if the tables were turned, the Republicans would just let something like this slide, let bygones be bygones and would never hold impeachment hearings right?

Anonymous said...

A non plus story that becomes a public lynching...gee, isn't tht what our media is all about? I don't think Rove committed a crime, btu I do have to say that I secretly(well, not so secret now, eh?) that i enjoy seeing him humbled a bit. Seeing him now flailing about trying to regain composure and control sort of makes his normal pompousness a bit more tolerable.perhaps that's a terrible thing, but I can live with it. ;) FYI- I worked on Bush Sr. and Bush Jr's campaign--so I'm not out to attack the party, just a few of it's members.

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Hugh Hewitt has also been tracking this. His latest: http://www.hughhewitt.com/#postid1794

rich bachelor said...

This one'a 'live by the sword, die by the sword' thing, if you ask me. He's spent his career smearing people, and now it's coming back around.
And as for it being an attempt to discredit the administration, I think they've done a fine job of that, all on their own.

Poison Pero said...

It took me a while to get to the Rove story........

If it's such a huge story then why aren't the Dem attack dogs going nuts? --> They know it's a non-starter, and isn't a real story.

But they'll surely let it play out on TV and will throw in a few digs as it plays out.

If it were real they'd be all over it, but they know it's just another in the never ending stream of the media trying to create excitement.

Erudite Redneck said...

Pshaw. I recall that the Right considered Dems' complaints about a little thing called the Boland Amendment the same thing: Making a mountain out of a molehill.

Problem with some of us Assess is we got memories like Elephants. :-)

Poison Pero said...

Of course the (R)'s would be doing the same as the (D)'s.

Heck, I still can't beleive we let Sandy "Socks" Berger of the hook for stealing documents so easily.

Poison Pero said...

Hey Sheila, I think you'll really like two of my blogs:

http://therightisright.blogspot.com/

http://libbyquotes.blogspot.com/

Please come by and join in the fray.

MJ said...

"Making a mountain out of a molehill." There isn't even a molehill, more like a gaping crater. The left is really reaching on this one.

MJ said...

P.S. sorry to hear about the problems with your ex's boyfriend. Someone should pummel that jerk. I'm not kidding either. The only justice would be a good bludgeoning.

Mark said...

Sheila, Thank you for the welcome.you are welcome back here anytime as well.