Saturday, May 28, 2005

Slow news day

Memorial day weekend, and it's a slow news day. I can find things in the news to talk about but nothing really jumps out at me. So I will just post some of my personal rants. First, if you go down the page and hit the link to May 2005 and scroll down to my post on Ted Kennedy, you will see proof positive that often I don't think about stories that I comment on. Apparently, base closings are a good idea. My first reaction to the base closing thing was: we are at war...Seems to me we could use all the bases that we have, but I wasn't considering the operating costs of keeping bases open. But I still think Ted Kennedy is reprehensible as a senator and a jerk as a man. Believe me, I was being kind. 2nd, I came up with an idea the other day while driving: since a lot of people drive with a cell phone glued to their ear,(and I am sometimes one myself) I propose making the license tag number the same as the vehicle owner's cell phone number. This way, we can call the driver up and tell him what we think of his driving, or maybe even get to know each other while stuck in a traffic jam. Imagine being able to just call someone and say something like, "if you insist on driving 10 mph below the speed limit, while don't you drive on the 4-lane interstate instead of this curvy hilly little 2 lane hiway where no one can pass you?" just something I think about from time to time.

No comments: