Monday, August 22, 2005
What if We Lose?
Rush Limbaugh made this statement on his show the other day:
“The only way these people (Liberals) will be happy is if they're right -- and what would it take for them to be right? We'd have to lose."( the war on terror) Parenthesis mine.
That started me thinking.
What would become of the United States of America if we lost the war? Do the Liberals think we would be better off? If not, what would be their solution to the problem of stopping terrorism?
Let’s consider how America would change if Usama bin Laden dictated the laws in America.
1. First of all, Anyone that admits to being a Christian or a Jew would be beheaded. Usama takes literally the Qur’an when it commands that the crime of apostasy is punishable by execution. (Sura 6:151).
Also, he distorts the meaning of one of the Qur’an’s version of the 10 commandments (found in Sura 17:23-40) which commands, “You shall not kill anyone whom Allah has forbidden you to kill, except for just cause.”
Apparently, according to bin Laden, apostasy is “just cause”.
The second group that would be executed would be all those American citizens who supported the Terrorists in Iraq, including those who protested the war in the interests of peace. History has shown us that the first people to be executed once a dictatorial regime takes over a country are the ones who served as traitors or spies against that country. Usama would feel, rightly so, that if they would betray their own country, they would eventually betray him.
After all that, the only people left alive in America would be Muslims, and only certain Muslims, at that.
2. The constitution of the United States would be altered somewhat. Starting with the first amendment:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
The first thing he would need to do is remove that.. Islam will be the National religion and all citizens still alive and not imprisoned would be required to worship Allah, in accordance to Islamic law. (Usama, being a Wahhabist Muslim, does not support religious tolerance. Wahhabists make distinction between those whom they consider to uphold “true” Islam and “unrighteous” others, including Sufi’s, the Islamic mystics, Christians, and Jews.)
Freedom of speech would be outlawed. No one would be allowed to speak out against the new government. If they do, they will be imprisoned or executed.
The press would be silenced, since the only thing that the people will need to read is the Qur’an, except for the propaganda approved by the government. The people would be discouraged from assembling except to worship in the mosque of their choice.
3. “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”
Yes, throw that out, too. Only “approved” loyalists to Usama will be allowed to bear arms, to prevent any possible coup d’ etat.
4. “No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.”
Does anyone think that will stand in Usama’s world?
5. “The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.”
No, I don’t think he would leave that in our constitution either. Do you?
6. In fact, throw out the rest of the amendments, too. All would deprive Usama of the pleasure of asserting his will.
7. No more adultery, gambling, cheating, eating pork, consuming alcohol, and banks would no longer be allowed to charge interest on loans. Actually, the no interest idea isn’t a bad rule.
Oh wait. We would not be allowed to collect interest on savings, either. Better rethink that one.
8. Feminist organizations such as NOW, NARAL, and all the others, will be gone. Women would be required to cover themselves head to toe, even the face, with only 2 slits in the veil, to facilitate sight. And they would not be permitted to voice their opinions either. (Actually, another possible benefit) Men would be allowed to have up to four wives, but women can only have one husband. Jewelry would be discouraged.
9. Abortion would be outlawed. So sorry, Planned Parenthood.
10. No women in politics, or in business.
11. Severe punishment for the most trivial of crimes, and crimes that we don't even consider to be crimes. Cutting off hands, feet, and cutting out tongues, and stoning to death.
These are just some of the changes that could be made to America if we were to lose the war on terrorism. There is probably many more, but on the interest in brevity, I will not attempt to list them. I hope what I’ve already listed makes the point.
Bottom line is this: We cannot afford to lose this war.
And yet, it would appear that losing is exactly what some Liberals want.
Ted, and Chuckie, and Nancy, and Dick, and Pat, and Barbara, and Maxine, and Cindy, and Michael, and the other left wing Liberals who are constantly calling for ending this war and withdrawing our troops before the job is finished should perhaps think about this possibility before the morale of our troops is irreparably damaged and the terrorist are further emboldened.
Their freedom to protest may be endangered.