Sunday, August 28, 2005

Guest Interview

We have a special guest with us today. Ms. Emily Latella has asked to comment on a story that has been in the news as of late.

Me: Ms. Latella, welcome to my blog. What is your comment?

Emily: Thank you. I want to know what is all this fuss I keep hearing about Sydney Sheen? Just because he wants to be an actor and make his mark like his father, Martin Sheen and his brothers, Emilio and Charlie...

Me: Ms. Latella.....

Emily: I mean, just because Sydney isn't as good as his father, doesn't mean...

Me: Emily...That's not...

Emily: ...he doesn't have the right to....

Me: EMILY!

Emily: ...not be allowed...huh? What?

Me: Ms. Latella, that's not Sydney, That's Cindy.... Cindy Sheehan, not Sydney Sheen.... Cindy. Not Sydney.

Emily: Oh...Well....That's very different...Nevermind.

Me: That's the news, Have a pleasant evening.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's priceless Mark and great humor writing. We need more guest appearances of Emily so she can weigh-in and we can all chuckle.

Emily Latella has always been my favorite character from SNL. Every one of us has an Emily in our family or circle of friends who is innocent with their heart totally in the right place but who can jump to wild conclusions based on the flimsiest of reasons. You just have to love ‘em!

Mark said...

Actually I had a much funnier piece I've written but I can't find a picture to illustrate it, so Emily won out. I found a picture of her.

Mark said...

Oh, and a previous post I made featured Emily too, it's somewhere in my archives.

Mark said...

I even forgot which post that was. But i found it. It is on Terri Schaivo.

http://leftfieldperspectives.blogspot.com/2005/06/terri-schaivo-autopsy.html

Anonymous said...

Mark I read your earlier post. Using a fictional interview was a great way to write a true story. That was cool.

Poison Pero said...

"Every one of us has an Emily in our family or circle of friends...who can jump to wild conclusions based on the flimsiest of reasons. You just have to love ‘em!"
----------------
In my family, we call them Democrats:)

Poison Pero said...

Speaking of my last comment, I found this completely priceless:

In my 6th grader daughter's first day of class the teacher had the kids write down 10 words that can be hurtful when used towards other children......A nice little way to show them how to play nice I guess.

With no prompting, my perfect little 12-year old angel wrote eight (fat, jerk, pig, etc).....To be followed by the 2 worst words she could think of: DEMOCRATS and LIBERALS.

Her teacher emailed me this........I almost fell out of my chair laughing, and promptly emailed her back that "I am such a proud papa."

I bet the teach was completely miffed.......LOL!