Thursday, November 17, 2005

I've Had It

I am going to ease up on the blogging for a while. For many reasons. One reason is because I have gotten involved in the NaNoWriMo thing, and I have fallen woefully behind where I need to be in order to reach my goal of 50,000 words.

In case there is someone reading this that doesn't know what I'm talking about, NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month. I have been trying to write a novel and it is intended to give me some motivation to actually get it done. I have the month of November to write a 50,000 word novel. If I didn't have a goal, I would not be even as far along as I am now. So far, I have written over 19,000 words but that is behind where I should be.

Another reason I am easing up is because the comments on what I've been writing have become increasingly mean spirited and rude. And I am not in the mood to put up with it anymore. The number of comments have dropped off, and the ones that I am getting of late are insulting both to me and my president. Plus there is way too many people posting stupid comments under assumed names as if it is funny. It isn't. It's annoying. I will not even try to reason with fools.

Just for the record, President Bush is not a liar. If you believe he intentionally lied to start a war, than you have to believe the Democrats lied as well. They all said the same things the President did. I will ask again, although I didn't get an answer the first time I asked, and I don't expect an answer this time either:

Why is it, that if the President said it, it is a lie, yet if the Democrats say the same thing, they were just misinformed? They had the same info Bush did. Why is he a liar and they aren't? And don't give me that crap about because he is the President. Being President didn't stop Clinton from lying and you didn't mind it then. In fact, you seem to think he was being clever and charming. Anyway, The Senators and Congressmen are our elected representatives, too, and should be held to the same high standards as the President. Higher, actually, because they are supposed to be representing us directly.

Nevermind. I will blog again this month if I have time. But I am sick of the crap that I've been getting, so unless you have something polite to say, I will delete your comments. If you want to be a jerk, then your comments won't be seen here anymore.

14 comments:

Poison Pero said...

I have something polite to say: Have a great Thanksgiving.

Your break is well deserved, and I'll miss your daily posts........I'll still stop by, because we both know this is an addiction, and I can't see you stopping cold turkey:)

tugboatcapn said...

Have fun and hurry back, my friend!

My own comments have dropped off sharply over the last couple of weeks, but then again, I haven't been blogging as much lately myself as I did for a while. Everybody's busy with other things, I guess...

Anyway, enjoy your break and have a Happy Holiday...

Erudite Redneck said...

I think both sides are circling the wagons. Holding their breath over the holidays, getting ready for the rush to the election next November.

Why even try to debate anymore? I know I'm right about Bush, and you know you're right about Bush -- and never shall the twain meet, ever.

One not-nice comment, re: "unless you have something polite to say, I will delete your comments."

My, how the I-will-not-"censor"-high-and-mighty have fallen.

Pbtbh.

Pamela Reece said...

Mark, What a great goal! I set goals for myself but often times find myself getting side-tracked and then rushing to get the goal completed.

Anyway, I hope you'll have time to post again soon. Your blog is a daily read for me and one I often look to for inspiration.

Blessings to you and yours!

Toad734 said...

They didn't say it, sure maybe a couple did, but Howard Dean and Joe Wilson certainly didn't, the rest took his word on it and voted for war based on misinformation.

The question you have to ask is why where they trying to smear a guy who wanted to investigate their "facts". Doesn't that seem suspicious? As with the things I state and I write I don't want you to take my word for it; I leave links to my sources when citing numbers and percentages so you can verify it. If my "facts" were lies I wouldn't want you to investigate it would I, if they were true then I would have nothing to fear from an investigation into my claims.

Lone Ranger said...

Don't let them grind you down. Now that Blogger lets you decide what comments you want to post, don't be afraid to delete comments from idiots and jerks. Takes only a few seconds. Just because people have a right to free speech doesn't mean you have the obligation to provide mental deficients with a soapbox.

Mark said...

Toad, Howard Dean is a lunatic, and Joe Wilson has been proven a liar. What else do you have?

Btw, You are a lunatic, too, if you believe anything either of them have to say.

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

If my "facts" were lies I wouldn't want you to investigate it would I, if they were true then I would have nothing to fear from an investigation into my claims.

Mark? Let's indict Toad!!!

I understand the need to spend time doing other things than blogging. But I do hope you don't let negative comments wear you down; and that you still post whenever you can.

Anonymous said...

You'll be missed, but I understand completely. You could always stop over at my place for a little Geez & Whine. ;)

Toad734 said...

Dean must not be too much of a lunatic if he was right about the threat of Iraq. Oh wait, I forgot, he yelled into a mic; you’re right he is a nut.

Joe Wilson is a liar? Does that mean that the administration did want him to go to Niger to investigate Bush's lies? The people who believe Bush are the lunatics.

tugboatcapn said...

Nut or not, Dean isn't very Presidential...

Toad, when the Clinton administration was preaching about how evil Saddam Hussein was, you guys were all on board.

The only reason the Dems are opposing the War now is because they think that is the path to political Victory.

That is why they were FOR the war, before the war. (Mid Terms were coming up.)

Marie's Two Cents said...

Mark, I am glad you have a book going! I hope you meet your goal. I believe you will you like to type, talk, you know what I mean lol and I have confidence in you. I'm sure you will accomplish it. I dont blame you at all for taking a break I have to all the time. But then again I work alot and only post when I have the time to do so.
I dont like to get in arguements on other peoples blogs but Toad is one misguided individual! Everyone knows Screamin Dean is a nutjob, and Joe Wilson outed his own wife before anyone else did anyway. I believe in my President Bush and I dont consider myself a Lunatic. Others might and I'm quite sure they do but oh well I'm not the one yelling President Bush mislead us on intel, when they all had the same!! The Liberal Lunatics dont have any proof of this and they are once again grasping at straws. And if polls were the identity of a cantidate, Kerry would be President! I dont believe in polls.
Dont let blogging idiots get you down. Shove them off if you dont want them on your blog. It's your blog. They must see something good in your blog because they keep comming to it even if it is to express an opinion or just try to get your goat! Screw em!! I wouldnt worry about it. Good Luck with your book!! :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.