Friday, January 13, 2006

Introducing A New Party

"I was pulled over in Massachusetts for reckless driving. When brought before the judge, I was asked if I knew what the punishment for drunk driving in that state was. I said, "I don't know... reelection to the Senate?" --Emo Phillips

The second funniest thing I've heard in some time was yesterday, which was Rush Limbaugh's birthday, when his staff brought in a cake. When he asked what kind of cake, they said it was a yellow cake with white icing, to which Rush exclaimed, "Oh! It's a Joe Wilson cake!"

The funniest thing came in the same program, with Rush's rhetorical question: "If a baking contest is called a bake-off, what would you call a contest between jerks?"

He was, of course, referring to the shameful exhibition put on by the Democratic members of the Senate Judiciary Committee during the confirmation hearings of Judge Samuel Alito.

And Rush had it right.

(hat tip to Little Miss Chatterbox for the cartoons)

They ARE jerks. There is absolutely no excuse for the shameful way they attacked Judge Alito. They accused him of being a bigot, a sexist, a right-wing zealot bent upon revoking the Constitutional freedoms of Americans, and a lunatic,
among other things. So much non-stop belittling and denigration, in fact, that Alito's wife was brought to tears, and had to leave the room.

And then, the Democrat apologists in the media blamed her tears on Republican Senator Lindsey Graham! Shameful.

I have stated before my opinion that the Liberals only have one plank in their platform, and this is where Mr. Limbaugh and I disagree. He says, (and a lot of others do, too) that it's all about abortion. And that is true, although I believe the abortion issue is more or less a part of the bigger issue, which is centered on their complete and utter hatred of George W Bush and his administration. That's it. The whole thing.

It doesn't matter what Bush's policies are. It doesn't matter what he does, or says. If he said the sky is blue, they would say he's a liar, it's really green.

Let me add a caveat here. Not ALL Democrats are liberals, and not all liberals are Bush haters.

With that in mind, may I offer a proposal to the really extreme left wing Liberal Bush haters in both the Democratic party and the Republican party? This is my proposal:

Start a new party. Break away from the traditional parties of which you currently are a part.

I even have a name for your new party. Try this on for size:

The Contrarian Party.

Like the Elephant which symbolizes the Republican party and the Jackass that symbolizes the Democratic party, the Contrarian Party symbol can be the Pushmepullyou. The Llama-like animal featured in the original "Dr Doolittle" film. Remember? It had two heads and two sets of front legs, and it never got anywhere because the heads constantly wanted to go in opposite directions.

Like John Kerry or Hillary Clinton.

It fits. The current crop of Liberals in the United States legislative bodies are simply that. They are contrary. Every Presidential appointee and every piece of legislation that is submitted by the Republican party is attacked and denigrated and argued against, even when it makes perfect sense. Or I suppose one could say, "Contrary to common sense." And I will say again, Contrarians are not limited to only the Democrats. There are some Contrarians that are Republican, too. Or at least they have an "R" behind their names.

And their platform would be easy to build. It would only take one plank.

Kind of hard to stand on, though.

10 comments:

KEvron said...

"The current crop of Liberals in the United States legislative bodies are simply that. They are contrary."

no they aren't!

KEvron

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laughs, Mark! I love the pushmepullyou! LOL! :)

Mark said...

Kev, I didn't know you were in the legislature.

Dionne said...

Awesome post!! Thanks for the hat tip. I loooooooove those cartoons. It took me forever to refind the one w/ Kennedy & Gonzalez but I was determined to have it for that post.

I died laughing when I read that quote at the top!! You always find the best quotes.

There was a liberal arguing that a supreme court nominee is too important not to ask tough questions. I agree but tough questions are one thing, character assassination is another. Mort Kondracke (not a conservative) brought up on Brit's show last night that Kennedy has been character assassinating judges since the Nixon years.

What a legacy: manslaughter/murder, alcoholic, womanizer and character assassinater.

Sheila: You can GLADLY have McCain!! But I think you will be let down if you think he follows his convictions. I just recently did a post on how there is a loophole in the campaign finance law for Indian Tribe money. Guess who is the BIGGEST receiver of Indian Tribe money?? John McCain

Michelle said...

rotflmAo

Poison Pero said...

I'm all for any 3rd party Leftist party.......In fact that's one of my 9 Goals.
http://therightisright.blogspot.com/2006/01/what-are-poison-peros-blog-goals.html

I'd never vote for one, but would would definitely encourage any Lefty to create a Turd Party.

David M. Smith said...

Hi Mark,

I love your post and your idea with the exception of the name for the new party. I don’t want to change my blog name.

KEvron said...

"Kev, I didn't know you were in the legislature."

you did so!

KEvron

Goat said...

Mark add your blog to this list; http://www.truthlaidbear.com/archives/2006/01/13/an_appeal_from_centerright_bloggers.php

The Game said...

The Dems looked like idiots again in the Alito hearing. And a party with McCain and Feingold can be called the "never win an elction ever party" or almost the "democratic party"

There is a great op ed piece I have posted that shows how the Alito hearings demonstrate why the Dems are the party of losers...hopefully permanently