Monday, April 29, 2013

An Inspirational Poem

My Mother passed away on March 28 this year at the age of 92. My oldest brother, who is a retired foreign missionary,  preached her memorial service, and, during his sermon, he mentioned a poem my mother had written.

Today, another of my brothers sent me an e-mail. He had found Mom's poem, so I thought I'd share it with you here:


Song Of The Butterfly

I crawled upon a mirror
And sighed, in deep distress.
But Mama said, "Remember,
God's not finished with you yet!"

And so I waited, day by day,
But thought 'twould never be
That God could e'er make anything
Of a miserable worm like me.

But then, one day, would you believe?
My ugly coat, so dull and dry,
Fell off, and underneath were wings
And I found that I could fly!

And now, the sky's my limit
I praise the Lord on high!
His perfect plan completed--
Now I'm a butterfly!

Even if you think you've failed,
Be patient. Wait and see
What God can do, for He alone
Knows all that you can be.

2 comments:

Marshal Art said...

May she rest in His peace.

De Wiam said...

permainan yang dia kuasai. Memilih permainan yang kompleks pasti akan menyebabkan kinerja yang buruk karena orang tidak memahami aturan dengan baik
asikqq
dewaqq
sumoqq
interqq
hobiqq
rajawaliqq
http://192.254.236.33/sumoqq78/
paito warna terlengkap
paito warna singapore
paito warna sydney