Sunday, June 07, 2009

Rambling

"A liberal is a person whose interests aren't at stake at the moment." ~ Willis Player

My second son, and third child, has been here. He drove here from Wichita, Kansas, where he had been living with my 88 year old mother, because he was laid off, and couldn't find another job in Wichita, so, he moved here in hopes of finding a job. He says he did his research and there are more jobs to be found in this area of the country than many others. There may be better areas of the country than this one for employment but he can't afford to get his own place to live, so he must go where he has relatives who will allow him to live with them until he gets back on his feet.

That may be a long time. Well, he can't stay here.

I am not being mean. It's just that my wife and I live in what is referred to as an "active senior community", and single people under 55 aren't allowed to live here. I call it an old folks home. My wife and I are one of maybe three couples living here who are under the age of 60. We are the young ones. Two ladies who live here are over 100 years of age!

Anyway, the reason I haven't been blogging lately is I've just been too busy with my son being here, and have had less time on the computer. Plus the big television is in the same room as the computer, and if I am blogging, he watches the TV, and frankly, his taste in programming is in direct juxtaposition with mine. I can't stand the stupid programs he watches. Then, there's his video games.

I retreat into the bedroom and watch the little TV while he plays and watches his programs.

Ok, that is a long way of explaining why I haven't been doing much blogging. Now he's moved into my 86 year old father-in law's house, under the condition that he will help him around the house while he looks for gainful employment.

And I have time for blogging. Except I am trying to find a more steady job myself. With hours and compensation I can count on week after week, and benefits.

OK. I've learned something from my son since he's been here. My son has the infuriating habit of bringing up subjects that I have passionate feelings about, and then refusing to hear my opinions of them. Such as politics. The Economy. Social issues.

He says he likes Obama, and that he really believes Obama is trying to help the country.

He thinks homosexuals are normal, and their lifestyle choice natural.

He thinks abortion is an acceptable form of birth control.

He thinks Obama's economic policy will make poor people rich and make rich people poor.

He thinks talking to terrorists will convince them to stop killing people.

My wife just called him over at her dad's house and asked him if he wants to go to church with us this morning. He said, "No." He said, That's one reason he moved out here. So he doesn't have to go to church. My mother used to make him go to church with her every Sunday.

He knows nothing of politics, the economy, and social issues except what he's heard on "The Daily Show" with John Liebowitz, aka Jon Stuart, apparently the closest thing to anything remotely connected to the aforementioned subjects he pays any attention to at all. And he doesn't want to know.

When I try to explain to him why all these things are incorrect Liberal thinking, he insists he doesn't want to talk about it.

All he cares about is death metal music (by bands I never heard of) with obscene lyrics. Avant Garde Movies with obscene themes and language. Violent video games, with obscene material and language.

How do you talk sense to someone who refuses to listen?

And then, it struck me. This is the mindset of most Liberals.

6 comments:

Most Rev. Gregori said...

The most depressing thing about it is that folks who think like your son are the majority today.

When I go out and talk to people in public, the vast majority of them do not want to hear anything negative about Obama. They tell me he is doing a great job and they don't wish to talk about it.

I have never seen so many people with their heads buried in the sand, like I do today. That alone is enough to scare the day lights out of "normal" folks.

Always On Watch said...

My son has the infuriating habit of bringing up subjects that I have passionate feelings about, and then refusing to hear my opinions of them. Such as politics. The Economy. Social issues.

My neighbor has the same situation with his son, who has been unemployed for almost two years now!

I now no longer accept dinner invitations at my neighbors' house. The son just pontificates on and on as to how wonderful BHO is. Ruins my digestion, frankly.

Edwin Drood said...

(in my opinion) it looks like you are at a stalemate. What you son probably will not admit is that he has faith in Obama the same way you have faith in the Lord.

The difference is that you are surrounded by creation and have evidence of the Lords work all around you. He has the same type of faith in a person who has not produced anything.

Next time I would ask him to name a rich person who got rich by taking money away from him, then ask him why is it right for him to get less poor by taking money away from the rich.

Gayle said...

Oh dear, Mark. What a situation for you to be in. You have my heartfelt sympathy and understanding.

Well, tell your son that Obama said he's creating 600,000 jobs and to go get one!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely NOT the mindset of most liberals. FYI

Mark said...

Anonymous. Really? Well, I say it is. Now, my citation is just as good as yours, isn't it?