Friday, July 25, 2008

What Was In My Head When I Awoke

"When I grow up, I want to be a Pip." ~ Me

I woke up in the middle of the night and "T'aint nobody's business if I do" (performed specifically by Gladys Knight, Chaka Khan, and Etta James, with B. B. King from an old Showtime Blues special) was in my head, and I just couldn't go back to sleep without searching it out on youtube.com and posting the video. Here it is:



I am a huge fan of Gladys Knight, so I just can't stop there. Here's a couple of other songs from the same special:





By the way, it was on this program that I first discovered Etta James. I became a big fan of her, too. Here's one by her and Dr. John:

2 comments:

Mary said...

I love that opening quote, Mark. :)

Mark said...

On Precious Lord, you might notice the guitarists behind the ladies are BB King, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Albert King, and Eric Clapton. The harmonica player is the late Paul Butterfield, and Phil Collins is on drums. I can't believe Willie Nelson wasn't there!