Thursday, October 08, 2009

Guitar Lessons

"He says it's going to kill me, but he don't say when" ~ Luke Jordan

One of my favorite David Bromberg Songs, and how he plays it. I used to fiddle a bit with a guitar before I decided I had reached my level of incompetence. In fact, I once took a University guitar course taught by the famous Jerry Hahn, one of the best Jazz guitarists in the country.

Instead of fiddling, I should have learned to play it, because if I had, I might be able to play this tune.



The original version of this song was recorded by Luke Jordan, a black blues singer, I think sometime in the 20's. I have both versions on CD, and believe me, the version by Luke Jordan was hard to find.

Anyway, a couple of my occasional readers play guitar, and I thought they might want to try this.

Sorry, the phenomena I call Obamanation is starting to bore me. He's on TV EVERY BLESSED DAY!

When he does something extraordinarily bone headed, I will blog about it, but for now, really, whatever he does is just more of the same.

By the way, while I'm at it, here's a video of my guitar teacher, Jerry Hahn:



He doesn't sing. Believe me, he doesn't sing. The other students and I used to ask him how the lyrics went with the songs he was teaching us just to hear him try to sing. It was like nails on a blackboard to hear him sing.

No comments: