Sunday, December 23, 2007

A Christmas Meme.

"Bark us all Bow-Wows of folly" ~ Walt Kelly

It's been a while since I posted a meme, But Abouna has tagged me for a Christmas meme, so here goes:

1. Wrapping or gift bags?

Gift bags. I am lazy.

2. Real or artificial tree?

Artificial. I hate pine needles all over everything.

3. When do you put up the tree?

After my birthday, which is December 5. One "holiday" at a time.

4. When do you take down the tree?

After New Years day, or when I feel like doing the work.

5. Do you like eggnog?

I love egg nog, but it is extremely high in calories so I have to take it a little at a time. Left to my own, I would drink a whole half gallon in an hour, easily.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?

My parents bought my brother and I a bicycle that we had to share. First bicycle either of us ever had. I can't remember if my brother (2 years older than me) already knew how to ride a bike but I had to be taught. Oh, the memories of bruised everything!


7. Do you have a nativity scene?

Yes. It represents the true meaning of Christmas, so it is in the front yard, lit up by a spotlight, and prominently displayed front and center.

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

Two Christmases ago, I received one western style shirt from my mom and nothing else from anyone. I don't wear western shirts.

9. Mail or email Christmas cards?

Both.

10. Favorite Christmas movie?

"The Cheaters" Little known film, and I never see it anymore, anywhere, but I'll never forget it. Second Place is "It's A Wonderful Life" and third would have to be the Musical version of "Scrooge". (starring Albert Finney to distinguish it from the thousands of others)

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?

About two to three days before Christmas usually, not that I like doing it that way, it just happens.

12. Favorite thing to eat for Christmas?

I always have turkey and/or ham, and all the trimmings, but truth be told, I would be happy with a burrito from Taco Bell. (and I don't really like Taco Bell very much)

3. Clear lights or colored on the tree?

Colored.

14. Favorite Christmas song?

"O Holy Night"

15. Travel at Christmas or stay at home?

I love to travel anytime, but usually there's a never a good time due to finances.

16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?

Um, Is it Slasher, Flasher, Pansy and Bitchin', Vomit and Stupid and Bummer and Nixon? Oh, and Rudolph, the Disco reindeer.

17. Angel on the tree top or star?

Always an angel.

18. Open gifts on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?

Christmas morning for me. As soon as I buy then for the kids.

9. Most annoying thing about this time of year?

Navigating through rude Christmas shoppers and trying to find a parking place somewhere within a mile of the store entrance.

20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color scheme?

No.

21. What do you leave for Santa?

Nothing. I can't remember ever believing there was a Santa.

22. Least favorite holiday song?

"Jingle Bells" It's not a Christmas song, and it annoys me that it is the most played of all, because it's a Winter song.

23. Favorite ornament?

Hmm. That would have to be the fiber optic angel on the top of the tree.

Paying it forward, I tag:

I don't know who to tag, really. If any reader would like to participate, leave your answers in my comments.

Rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.

2. Share Christmas facts about yourself.

3. Tag random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.

4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

3 comments:

The Local Malcontent said...

Great answers, sir! I can sure identify with the eggnog answer you gave.
Have a wonderful Christmas, and a very prosperous New Year!
Regards,
LMC

Marshal Art said...

Too busy for tag.

Just wanna wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I filled out a shorter version of this elsewhere.

Merry Christmas Mark!